SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Kath Claydon 01207 234691 email@example.com
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
We have Teaching Assistants who are partly funded from the SEN budget and deliver programmes or interventions designed to meet groups of children’s needs. The budget is allocated on a needs basis. The children who have the most complex needs are given targeted support.
All children no matter what their needs are, receive daily Quality First Teaching. We aim to keep children with SEND part of their whole class as often as possible, therefore support is generally given in the form of a Teaching Assistant working alongside the children and teacher. Interventions are carried out throughout the day at a range of times.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.
A Costed Provision Map will be developed in liaison with the child, young person, parent or carer.
- NELI – Miss Curry, Mrs Waters, Mr Urwin and Mrs McGoay
- Nurture – Mrs Waters and Mrs Martin
- Lego Therapy – All teaching assistants
- Rainbows – Mrs Waters
- Relax Kids – Mrs McGoay and Mrs Waters
- School Counsellors – Ms Netzler and Mrs Chatterton
- Behaviour support – All staff
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychology Service
- Stanley ONE Point Hub
- Health Agencies, particularly School Nurse Service.
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Behaviour Support Services
- Durham Movement Difficulties Service
- Counselling Service
- Tree Tops Occupational Therapy
- The Service for Hearing Impaired
- The Service for the Visually Impaired
- Rainbows programme
- Nurture Group
- Learning Difficulties and Disability Support Service
- Behaviour Support
- One Point
- Learning Difficulties and Disabilities Support Service
- Crisis Response
- Cognition and Learning
- Autism & Social Communication Team
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN. This is used to support children and young people with SEND. If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.