The SEND children attending our school are aged 4 to 7 years, so consulting with them to seek their views to how we are meeting their needs has to be age appropriate, especially when many often have communication difficulties.
Consultation with families is key to securing success in this area.
SEND Parent Partnership
Parents are informed as their child is registered on the SEND code of practice and are involved in all stages of this process. All parents are actively encouraged to be involved in their children’s education and work along school staff to evaluate progress and identify next steps in provision.
What We Offer:
- Termly review meetings for SEND pupils led by the class teacher with parents present. Pupils and parents views will be requested for these and the information and targets will be shared and assessed as to progress. (Known as an IEP – Individual Education Plan)
- An annual review meeting for statemented pupils or those with an Education and Health Care Plan.
- Termly parental consultation meetings with the class teacher.
- Annual written report published in the summer term of each academic year.
- Open door policy for parents to raise concerns with either the class teacher or Headteacher as and when appropriate.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.